The Skills and Training Working Group is working with industry, training providers, professional bodies, Composites UK and funding providers to understand and fulfil current and future skills and training requirements.
The forecast market growth will require an increased number of skilled and qualified people at all levels in many technologies. The current pool of people is small and with significant lead-time to develop new people with the right skills, this is critical to the future growth of the sector.
Key priorities include:
- Match future skills demand to current and emerging technologies
- Develop whole workforce training programmes, including upskilling
- Implement competence assurance schemes
- Develop capable trainers and training facilities
- Determine how to attract the younger generation into the composites industry
Paul Shakspeare, Shakspeare Services (temporary chair)