The Technology Working Group includes the UK’s composite focused science and technology community and funding bodies and is working to deliver solutions to the cross-industry sector challenges within the manufacturing clusters.
The science and technology base is an essential part of the innovation to commercialisation chain.
Key priorities include:
- Development of new and existing materials
- Sharing of materials and mechanical properties
- Validation of simulation tools to reduce time and cost to market
- Improve know-how in design for manufacture, assembly, performance and functionality
- Improve capability in through life maintenance and repair
- Improve high temperature performance and cost effectiveness
- Ensure cross-sector technology development and transfer
Dr Peter Chivers, NCC